. Old-Fashioned Cajun Cake | CAKE

Old-Fashioned Cajun Cake


When I show up at my mom’s, quite often she has a dessert baked.  I’ll admit that I get the best ideas from her.  One-Pot Cabbage Casserole is a reader favorite, and I owe that one to her. 



Well, this Old-Fashioned Cajun Cake is no exception!  I went over there one day and got to sample this cake.  I immediately asked for the recipe, so I could share it with you guys.

Old-Fashioned Cajun Cake

Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 12

INGREDIENTS

2 cups all-purpose flour
1½ cups granulated sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 15 oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained
2 eggs
Icing:
1 stick (8 tbsp) butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1 cup chopped pecans

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl, stir flour, 1½ cups sugar, and baking soda.
Add pineapple and eggs and stir well to combine.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Begin icing once you remove cake from oven by heating butter, sugar, and milk to a boil. Stir often.
Add vanilla, coconut, and pecans. Boil for about 2 to 3 more minutes.
Pour over warm cake. Allow cake to cool for about 30 minutes to an hour before serving.