. Browns Butterfinger Bundt Cake | CAKE

Browns Butterfinger Bundt Cake


So, while I was typing this, the Mr. just swooped by like he does whenever I’m at the computer which is sweet but I have to shoe him away because I don’t like anyone reading my words until I’m all done! But he got away with reading the title of the post and of course he had a comment. “Browns Butterfinger cake?! Ok, yeah I get it. That’s actually funny.”




So, yes. We are fans of an underdog but we love it and rally behind them anyway. I mainly enjoy our football watching days because it’s a chance to relax at home with the family and an excuse to sit for awhile. I am tempted to do some laundry though today as I watch because it’s ominously staring me down from the corner over there as I write this, not folding it.

Ingredients

2 boxes white cake mix (you may need to cut this recipe in half of you have a smalll bundt pan)
6 eggs
1 2/3 cups water
1 stick butter, softened
1/3 cup oil
6 drops orange food coloring (optional)
1 can whipped cream cheese icing
1 cup Butterfinger crumble topping (or crushed Butterfinger bars)

Instructions

1. Beat together cake mix, eggs, butter, oil and food coloring for 2 minutes. (I used red+yellow food coloring to make orange for the Browns!)
2. Grease and lightly flour your bundt pan. Pour cake batter in evenly until it’s 3/4 full. Don’t overfill! The cake needs room to expand.
3. Bake at 325˚ for 50-55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let cool then gently flip onto a cake plate.
4. Top with icing using an icing piper or put icing into a large ziplock bag with a tiny hole cut in the corner. Sprinkle with Butterfinger crumble topping.